Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm Getting OLD?

My birthday is next week. I'll be 49... forty-nine... wow. Can I really be that old? I'll admit that sometimes my body screams in retaliation to something that I might do the day before. For instance, lifting a 50 pound box or pushing a shelving unit that tops 500 pounds or placing my foot along side my 5'3" son's cheek in a mock sparring session. I'm strong......strong willed maybe a better word. After I complete one of these tasks the following morning I find that there are places in my body that hurt like never before. One of these days I might learn but its so easy to forget that yes, I am getting older, even though I feel like i'm 20.

Reflection~ My daughter is graduating June 2 from High School. She is 18~ how fast time flies. I remember when she was still inside me, making me toss my cookies every day. Then when she was born and how tiny she was and how I longed to hold her but couldn't. She spend the first 2 weeks of her life in NICU, how she would pull her wires off to get attention. It was the hardest time leaving the hospital with out my baby. I remember bringing her home for the first time, so tiny yet determined. When she was three and all she wanted to do was prance around on a stage and sing. How she knew with out coaxing to wink at judges and blow them kisses. Fond memories of how she took care of her baby brother when our world started to collapse. How she had unshakable faith in God... showing me a grace that God blessed her with from the start. When her dad died she shed no tears but sang songs of praise knowing she would someday see him again. She comforted me. Now she is a woman with a stronger faith and solid foundation than I had at her age. I'm excited to see where God leads her as she takes on the path that God has laid out before her.




So excuse this momma who is getting older as she sheds a few tears of pride for a daughter who reflects the light of Christ. I am so proud of the woman she has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment